Monday, April 11, 2011

LITTLE VOULIGANS

I had a beautiful day today... getting some rest, cooling my achilles, and watching my little Vouligans play their first game in the Top 8 Series. They won... and I must say... I AM IMPRESSED... they played some pretty good basketball, and I hope that next week they will win again and qualify for the Final Four :) Just like their "big Proteas sisters" :)

So here are a few pictures.... more are to follow once I get an email from the "photographer of the day" ;)

Just a couple of days back they were supporting the womens team at the Final Four....

.... and today it was my time to cheer for them!!!!!

Here we are meeting up to drive to the game gym... not all the girls are there yet... but Ruby, my self announced #1 fan here in Glyfada and also the reason why I "happened to know" that they had a game today!!!!!
Thanks for the invite, Ruby... I had a blast!!!

Girls like my "Little Vouligans" are one of the reason why I love playing basketball. Because it serves as a common bond between practically strangers: it brings people together through enthusiasm: young and old, men and women, kids, teenagers, parents, grand paretns, different cultures, different nations, etc.... I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME!!

No comments: