Monday, January 26, 2009

Sleep-Less-Ness in Frohlich Land

It's Sunday and it's the first day off that I am enjoying here in my new apartment in Brno. I was looking forward to sleeping in long and nicely today, but that was not going to happen. As I live in the center of Brno, I am surrounded by churches that love to welcome their visitors with an hourly flood of bell ringing. Starting at 7 am when the early birds were getting ready to praise God. And as mad as I wanted to get for being torn out of LaLaLand, I was constantly reminded that it was a sign of people worshipping God… and I surely couldn't get mad at that!

So, I've been up for a while now, cooked me a nice breakfast (yeah, I did… I used the word "cook" and "I" in the same sentence), watched a random movie where Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts are in France, and now I am starting to pack my bag for our upcoming trip to Bourges, France. We are going to leave tomorrow morning at 6am...I've got to leave the house at 5.30!!! Well good thing I practiced the early wake-up today….lol… see, all things happen for a reason! And the game will be on Tuesday.

This is going to be my first Euro League game after a two months break, so I am a little excited… if not a little nervous! But that's alright, because a little nervousness usually helps with the concentration.

Things have been good and I like it out here. The snow has melted and been replaced by drizzling rain. But the (previously highly praised) team jacket has been keeping me dry and warm.

I have internet and my German television channels have been set up.
So I've been happy. Luckily a new season of the GERMAN IDOL ("Deutschland sucht den Superstar") has just begun, so I am having many episodes to look forward to.

2 comments:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

Lindaster!! So fun to hear about your life on this blog and to hear from you live. What a fun treat and a blessing. Thanks for sharing! Kristin, Sarah and I are in Florida at Crusade staff training-wish you and AJ could be here to play, too :) Grateful to hear that things got cleared up and that you're excited to be where you are. Miss you and God bless you, sister. Love, Samster ;)