Monday, March 1, 2010

LOSS AGAINST SF.GHEORGHE

This has been a rough week for us girls in orange and blue. Second loss in just five days.

But it's basketball. You win some, and you lose some. Not that I underestimate the importance of this game, but I was again believe that something to become great you HAVE TO FAIL... but it's not the failure, but what you take from it.

Michael Jordan said it best:




Yes, I understand that it must be a great shock to all the Targoviste fans again, but trust me, we will be ok. Yesterday their pointguard Diaconu caught fire and couldn't miss a shot, and the whole team of Sf. Gheorghe played a pretty smart all game long.

I have to applaud the fans of Sf. Gheorghe- don't misunderstand me, they are NOT Targoviste fans ;)- but the atmosphere was great. It's nice to see people come together and cheer for one cause and support women's basketball.

The thing I didn't understand was, if I understood it correctly, that the crowd kept screaming "Dynamo"... as if they wanted to rub the loss against them into our face. I thought that that was kinda silly... especially because Targoviste was fighting for ROMANIA in the FIBA Cup, so to celebrate our loss in this international competition was a little unnecessary... but hey, to each their own.

Ok, I am gonna get going now. Got to finish this load of laundry real quick and start packing again... tomorrow we are off to Arad for the Romanian Cup, and it's going to be an EEEEARLY morning.

La Revedere,
LINDA

No comments: