Thursday, March 25, 2010

LOST

As I mentioned in my last blog, my husband came to visit for two weeks *happy face* and now he's gone again *sad face*.

Usually we plan for him to visit me twice during the season... one time before Christmas and the other time somewhere around March to break up 4-5 long months without seeing each other.

This season had been a little bit out of the ordinary for us: after asking for a release from Brno at the beginning of November, I ended up signing a one-month contract in Kosice. There we ended up having a very busy game schedule, so it didn't make sense for my husband to come out while I was traveling all over Europe.

With two practices a day and a gameday routine, it becomes very hard to be a good host and entertain people who come to visit, and because basketball is my job I can't just neglect those things. Having visitors becomes especially challenging when the weather is bad too and while my husband was in town it was snowing and raining for the most part here in Targoviste.

Luckily with my husband, he is a great visitor! He is a home body and likes to spend his vacation time inside the house, just relaxing and doing nothing. He is the exact opposite of me. (He calls me a butterfly... I always want to go out and see the world... always moving!) With that we definitely fall into the category of "opposites attract".

About 3 years ago, we started a routine of watching dvd series during his visits. We started of with Prisonbreak, a show that the ladies of Cras Basket Taranto got me/us hooked on. Then after four successful seasons Scofield & Co. retired and we had to find something new.... Prisonbreak was definitely a tough act to follow.... (I loved me some Scofield.... Ssssshh *whispering like Scofield* don't tell me husband!)

Going back to "opposites attract", my husband and I don't have the same taste when it comes to tv. I consider Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and The Office to be one of my favorite shows while he wouldn't even consider watching them if there was nothing else on tv.

So it was quite difficult to find something that both agreed to.

Then last year in Brno, we found it: ... "LOST"
(lol... that was kind of a funny word game, wasn't it... we "found" "lost"... hahahaha...ok.... my bad... not funny? Anyways...)

So last season in Brno we watched the first season of "Lost"... and we got hooked. Then with all the circumstances we had to wait ONE WHOLE YEAR to pick up the show again... and believe me when I say that "we caught up!!!" We set a personal record of watching 2 1/2 seasons in just 2 weeks.

Besides being "lost on an island" for most of his trip, we were able to enjoy some sun on one of days off as we were walking through the center of Targoviste, and my husband got the opportunity to lead two practices for some of the young MCM basketball players. On his last day in Romania, we explored Bucarest. In the "Big City" we were witnesses of a bizarre street fight... well, one guy was fighting, the other one was "playing defense". We got to watch "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D, which was a complete disappointment for me... I don't know about my husband, he slept through 3/4th of the movie... hihihihi... and then, last but not least we were able to start season 4 in our hotel room.... oops, that does seem a little unhealthy here.... HELLO, MY NAME IS LINDA.... AND I AM A TV SHOW ADDICT!!!!!!

Well time is flying when you have fun, and this blog was fun, wasn't it?

I am going to add some pictures next time, because now I need to pack my bag, because we are leaving for Bucarest tomorrow.... for the ROMANIAN CUP!!!

Game 1 against Olympia... at 15 o'clock.... I hope to see many of you there!!!

Noapte bunã now ("Good night" in Romanian)
LINDA

No comments: