Saturday, February 28, 2009

HEADING TO DOMAŽLICE

Hello everyone.

Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. my team is taking off to a city called Domažlice, which is about 5 hours away by bus. We are going to stay there for the weekend in order to compete for the CZECH CUP!

Our first game is going to be tomorrow at 6.30pm against our hometown rival VALOSUN Brno. YEP.. right off the bus, baby!
In the other bracket are USK Prague and Karou Trutnov.

Depending on the outcomes of tomorrow's semifinal games, there's going to be a game for place 3 and the finals on Sunday. The final is going to be played at 1.30pm.

Crazily, none of the participants are actually from that city and it's really far away for all of us. But that's seems to be how they roll over here at times :)

It's okay though, as we spread the love for basketball, and give another city the opportunity to host some good women's basketball games!

As I've heard some of our fans are going to join us, too-- traveling to the site BY TRAIN for 7 hours! I just wanted to give a shout out and tell you that we appreciate your support!!! GO BRNO!

I am going to pack my bags now and make sure to recharge my Ipod and load up on some more episodes of Lost (Season 1)... yes, I just started watching that, and I must say: I like what I see. It's definitely not Brothers&Sisters or Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy, which is normally my cup of tea, BUT the people on the island are definitely keeping me entertained.

Finally, I am going to add a photo of me and my teammates in the "TUNNEL"... which is a long hallway in the basement of a building here in Brno, where we do our sprinting practices. It's padded with some weightroom foam, which doesn't really help to improve the impact of the cement below... but once again "When in Rome (Brno), do as the Romans (Brnonians) do!"

No comments: