Monday, October 5, 2009

BROTHERS & SISTERS

Oh gosh, it is only been two weeks into my stay here in Brno and I am already done with one of my tv shows.
One of my favorites! I couldn't wait to get started and I had been hooked ever since... trying to ration my daily portions, so it could last as long as possible....well, and today I finished it *sad face* with the last five episodes of season 3.

The show is called "Brothers & Sisters"... it's about a big family- the WALKERS- with five siblings and their everyday lives; their joys and their troubles.

It reminds me of my own family minus the financial resources. Ha ha ha.
It reminds me of all of the great times me and my family have spent together, all the tears that we have cried together, all the dreams that we've shared, and all the things we still are and give for each other.

I love this show.

It shows how members of the same family grow up to be completely different individuals, grow up to have completely different interests, political views, etc., but that there is that one thing that will glue them together forever: their love for each other.... unconditional love.

The love that Jesus had asked us to have for our neighbor (John 15: 12-13). The love that is so hard for us to give. The love that requires us to put others first, and to disregard our pride and hurt.

On this note, I want to thank my husband for his constant support, for dealing with the not-so-pretty-sides of me (believe it or not, there are a few *lol*), for helping me grow and for ultimately loving me despite of who I am.

I want to thank MY own BROTHERS & SISTERS (also the "new ones"... yeah it's you, Mike and Tiff, Jina and Johnathan) for who they are. For loving me, respecting me and always being there for me.
I want to thank my parents and grandmas for teaching me everything they could and can, and for catching me every time I fall.

I love you all. Ich hab Euch alle ganz doll lieb.

Well, well, well... I guess if you don't have access to the outer world (I wrote this while I didn't have tv, phone and internet), there's a lot more time for soulsearching. It says in the Bible: there's a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8) ... and I guess, it's has been my time to dig a little deeper.

I hope you didn't mind.

Until next time,

No comments: