Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FINALLY FIVE

On Sunday Becky and Edwige arrived in Valencia, which makes us 5 at practice from now on... sweet... a whole starting line up. (I know that coach is ecstatic to finally get things started on the court)

In the last 3 years Becky and I have played on two teams together: Cras Basket Taranto and Sacramento Monarchs (WNBA) and I am glad to be her teammate again.

Edwige and I have a different story. We've known each other for about 16 years now ... we met as opponents in the Cadets European Championship and continued a friendship as penpals over the years (I don't know if you remember what that was, but BACK IN THE DAYS people used to write things called "letters" on a piece of paper, put a stamp on it, and drop it off in the mailbox). We lost touch when I went to the States to study, but once I returned to play in Europe we met again, but continuosly played on opposite teams... we have always talked about playing together, but for some reason it had never worked out.... until now! Needless to say, I am pumped and I am hoping for great things!!! (No pressure, E!)

No comments: