Tuesday, January 11, 2011

DAY ONE IS OVER WITH...

... and I was NOT disappointed... except by the rim in the gym.. hahaha... it seemed to closed up every time I attempted to shoot on it.. hahahaha!!!

This evening at practice I met my team for the first time, the coaches, president and some people from the management. Everyone here is really nice here.

FUNNY STORY about how I got to meet one of my teammates today: this morning after breakfast I decided to step out of the hotel and check out the beachside a little bit, when a girl in running shoes and an ipod all of a sudden stood next to me at the crosswalk... we looked at each other, and she said "Liiiiinda?"... and I said "Eeeemily?" That's how I met Emily Fox... she was on her to way to get her morning jog on.
Well actually inofficially we have "met" before, because when I was doing my research on Proteas I had looked up Emily and Ashley on Facebook to ask them a couple of questions about the club, etc. And obviously they said the right things to convince me to come here :)

The names of my other teammates is going to be a little bit more difficult... I'm just not yet used to Greek names and their pronounciation...  in Turkey it took me 2 weeks to understand and remember the names of my teammates.... but now I can name them all from Nalan, Nevriye, Murat, Serhan, Mustafa, Nilay, Saziye, etc.... and it's going to be the same with my Greek teammates... as a matter of fact, I just wrote all of their names down, and I am going to go to my room now and study!!

On that note, I wish everyone a good night.
LINDA

1 comment:

tOnikY said...

IS wonderful read your stories here... Im Antonio ;D