Sunday, May 15, 2011

MADE IT TO CHICAGO



After a couple of days of, as I like to call it "TWILIGHT ZONE"....  I can finally say, I am here.
I arrived in Chicago- and what you see on the pictures above is not necessarily how it looked today... at the moment the Windy City reminds me more of my old days in good old Germany: it's rainy and cold... so I felt right at home!!! This is perfect weather for practicing... NOT! It inspires you to bring out the heavy blankets, brew up some tea and cuddle up on the couch for some Christmas movies ;)

But that's OF COURSE NOT what has happened... Since my arrival last night, I have already completed two successful team functions: first was the physical this morning and then secondly, this evening we had a little welcoming dinner. BOTH WERE SUCCESSFUL!

The most important/exciting part is still ahead though: the first practice. Tomorrow at 9.30am we are going to be on the court, laced up, ready to go at the Sachs Rec Center (the former Bulls practice facility).
Depending on my state of wellbeing, I will report to you afterwards ;)

I ask you all for your patience, as I am getting to know my new teammates these next couple of days and I need a little while to get comfortable with them so I can open up to them about my addiction: all the girls seems very nice, so it shouldn't take long until they hear this sentence: "Hello ladies, my name is Linda... and I am a PHOTO-holic... yes, I am!"

No comments: