Friday, November 13, 2009

5 COUNTRIES IN 6 DAYS





























Greets from Kosice, Slovakia.

Since last week my life has changed a little bit, well, better, MY CIRCUMSTANCES have changed.


Over a month ago I had asked for my release from Brno (for several reasons) and last Friday the president finally agreed to let me go.

Today it's exactly been one week ago since I had my last practice with my "Brno Holki"... I really miss all the girls a lot, and I hated to leave them... but I had to do what was best for my basketball career. Sometimes it's not easy to deal with basketball as a job. You go to be with a team, prepare with them and expect the best, try to adjust and fit in, and in the time being everybody becomes more or less your family, but sometimes things don't work out, and when that happens things might get tough and confusing.

I feel though that I made the right decision and I am very happy now to be here in Kosice. For now I have a contract here till Christmas. I played on this team last year, so the transition has not been too hard. The location and ownership is the same, but the team has changed some: all the "foreigners" are new, and most of the Slovak girls that I played with last year are injured.

Even though we just my first game with the team in the Euroleague yesterday, I have a very good feeling about this team. We have a lot of potential, just need to come together and make it work!

On the active roster, my Slovak teammates are: Katka Hricková, Jana Čarnoká, Lucia Kupčíková, Alena Kováčová, Luisa Michulková

My European teammates are: Anastasia Kostaki, Lisina Ekaterina,

And last, but not least my American teammates are: Erin Lawless, Candace Dupree (Chicago Sky) and Angel McCoughtry (Atlanta Dream)

For more information about my team, check out our website: http://www.deltabasket.sk/

The name of our team is "DOBRÍ ANJELI", which translated means "GOOD ANGELS".

I would like to close with a quote of one of my favorite authors Paul Coehlo. He says:

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”


No comments: