Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THIS IS IT

Well, I did it.
I finally went and watched the movie with some of my teammates today.

"THIS IS IT".... who would have known the prophesy that came with choosing such a name for his tour.

Watching the movie, I was reminded of all the publicity his death had this summer, and I asked myself "WHY WHY?"



So, "tell 'em that it's HUMAN NATURE." That's WHY!!!

I wonder how it's possible that one man can touch so many people and have hundreds and hundreds of people cry over his death... people who didn't even know him personally.

I must admit that I also got choked up while watching numerous re-runs of little Michael performing with the Jackon 5 or the many MJ video marathons that were on tv during that time... and when little Paris told the world that "ever since she was born, her daddy had been the greatest father" I just couldn't help it but shed a couple of big tears.

I am aware of the fact that Michael Jackson was doing some weird things throughout his life in the spotlight, and he had shocked many with his changing appearances, but in the moment of death, we were reminded that he was more than an entertainer to some people... and for me it was heartbreaking to see someone lose a precious person in their lives and at the same time hear other people talk trash about that same person. He's dead. Let him rest in peace!

Michael was a son to somebody, a brother, a friend and a father. We as "fans" tend to forget about that side of "our heroes": THEY ARE HUMANS! They have feelings, they have fears, flaws, and shortcomings. But because we lift them up and adore them (for a special skill they have) we feel like we have the right to judge them and expect them to be perfect at all times.

Ironically, we won't even give them any attention unless they aren't somewhat crazy and wild... who cares about Little Goody Two-Shoes? Nobody really :) Which shouldn't become an excuse for "celebs" to act out.. but bla bla bla... in this case we can bring in the famous question of what came first, the chicken or the egg?!

Anyways, back to the movie:
I heard a woman say that the reason why Michael Jackson was so special to our generation was, because he had written the soundtrack to our lives.

Well and I agree.... and with this concert Michael Jackson was going to give us a little ride down on "Memory Lane.

So here are some of my favorite parts of the movie:

SMOOTH CRIMINAL:



JAM:



THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US:




THIS IS IT:




















Honestly when I tried to find some of the videos online, I liked too many of them, but I can't post them all.

So, why don't you go and watch it yourselves?!
And then I would love to hear your input.

So this is it for today ;)
Until next time... remain blessed,

No comments: